We celebrate the 5th Sunday of Lent – the Passion Sunday. Today more like in any time we realize what mean, that unless a grain of wheat dies, it produces much fruit. We saw Jesus who headed for his own dead with great determination, because he knew that this is for the freedom of all of us. This example is very meaningful. In our struggle we fight for our own freedom from the sin, to be the citizens in the Kingdom of God.
The Eucharist which we now celebrate is once again the participation in the safety dead of Christ on the Cross, the participation in the Hour of Jesus. We know that our salvation is only by the suffering and death of our Lord Jesus Christ. The Holy Mass is the great thanksgiving for that.
March 25, 2012 – 5th Sunday of Lent
10:00 AM for ++Lawrence Piwinski, Kathrine Piwinski, Michael Piwinski, Elzbieta Piwinski, Bertha Piwinski, Walter Potrzuski, Eva Potrzuski, Mary Stokowski, Vera Dobsakowski from Frank Piwinski
April 1, 2012 – Palm Sunday
10:00 AM for +Mary Watcheski from Carolyn Hanson
- We are in Lent. In that season we learn about the power of fasting, praying and almsgiving. These are three great works which can help us to prepare ourselves for Resurrection of our Lord and our own resurrection in the future.
- The Stations of the Cross – the devotion which is a very good reminder of the last moments of Jesus Christ on earth. It will take place on Saturdays – 5:00 PM (March 10, and March 31) and on Good Friday 6:30PM.
- All people who want to help cleaning the Church, we invite them on Saturday – March 31 at2:00 PM.
- The Agape Dinner will be on Holy Saturday. April 7 is the date for it. Please remember of it and provide for it some dishes – this is the dinner in the form of Potluck dinner.
- If somebody wants to be a sponsor for the egg hunting prizes please let Fr. Andrew know of it.
- As the members of our Church we are responsible for our future and we will pray and look for the new active members of our Community of Holy Cross in Baltimore, MD.
- Please check the Blog of our web site: www.holycrosspncc.org
Welcome Our Visitors
- We welcome all our visitors who are present with us for worship this Sunday! Please introduce yourself to the pastor after Mass. Please write your names in the guest book located in the vestibule of the church. Please remember that you are always welcome to join us in worship at Holy Cross Church.